Drysuit divers need your help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would try before you buy.

I have a CSL450. They are tuff suits and work great.

The DUI CF 200 is incredibly tuff and used by cave divers. You can customize with DUI and get one exactly fits you with an features you want. Get the best undergarment to keep you warm. Dry suit gloves make a big difference. I would recommend you get a pee valve unless you like abdominal pain or wearing diapers.

Fusion makes great suits.

Try before you buy. It is a personal decision.

When we first incorporated the fusion it was to allow divers to access any temperature range. In conjunction with our line of undergarments. With feedback from our marketing and research groups we encountered no problems. However with new products you inevitably encounter variations. We received a few statements in regards to larger legs as well as arms. Upon receiving these we have started to increase the size of the limbs in our suits. Hopefully this helps in understanding our fit with some indivuals. We are always looking for feedback both positive and negative in our commitment to you in providing better products to make your diving more enjoyable, so please contact us with anything that may come to light.

I've heard good things about the White's Fusion, but I haven't used it. Bare is owned by White's and their Trilan is well proven. Personally I've had a couple of DUI's and have found they don't wear well and I've had too many problems with them (when I use a Dry Suit I normally use a Viking). For your purposes and out of the choices you've given, I'd go with the Fusion, as it's the evolution.

When we first incorporated the fusion it was to allow divers to access any temperature range. In conjunction with our line of undergarments. With feedback from our marketing and research groups we encountered no problems. However with new products you inevitably encounter variations. We received a few statements in regards to larger legs as well as arms. Upon receiving these we have started to increase the size of the limbs in our suits. Hopefully this helps in understanding our fit with some indivuals. We are always looking for feedback both positive and negative in our commitment to you in providing better products to make your diving more enjoyable, so please contact us with anything that may come to light.

That's good to know, but I would not look at my size or buddies size as above average.

I've heard good things about the White's Fusion, but I haven't used it. Bare is owned by White's and their Trilan is well proven. Personally I've had a couple of DUI's and have found they don't wear well and I've had too many problems with them (when I use a Dry Suit I normally use a Viking). For your purposes and out of the choices you've given, I'd go with the Fusion, as it's the evolution.

Hi DCBC,

Thank you for the vote of confidence in Whites! The Fusion is a fasntastic dive suit. I just wanted to clarify for the record that BARE is not owned by Whites Manufacturing Ltd. There is no conncetion between the companies other than that we are both located in BC.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Whites Mfg Ltd.

Hey fppf, were not saying your overall size is above average, but people have diffeent physiology in their make up. Some people are average in size but have say larger calf muscles for instance. So for scenarios like this we decided to add material to various parts of the suit to help out with people having these issues. Not everyone gets a good fit with our MK3 undergarmet as well, so we also have a pro series line that can be customed made, this can really compliment the suit in fit and mobility. Hope this helps, maybe let us know the specifics of your sizes in partnership with the undergarments you were using and we might be able to come up with a solution for you to possibly try again.

Hey fppf, were not saying your overall size is above average, but people have diffeent physiology in their make up. Some people are average in size but have say larger calf muscles for instance. So for scenarios like this we decided to add material to various parts of the suit to help out with people having these issues. Not everyone gets a good fit with our MK3 undergarmet as well, so we also have a pro series line that can be customed made, this can really compliment the suit in fit and mobility. Hope this helps, maybe let us know the specifics of your sizes in partnership with the undergarments you were using and we might be able to come up with a solution for you to possibly try again.

Thanks Doug, I will pass this onto my buddy.
My wife does not have any fit issues, but I know what you mean, she has frog legs. :rofl3:
Don't tell her that though, hazardous to ones health.

As for me, I'm not really in the market for a suit. My suit works for now. If I get into the market I will consider the offer.

Np fppf.....lol it will be our little secret, we don't want any injuries that may prevent us from diving.

Thanks again everyone for all the great info, it is very much appreciated.

So far I have tried on the Fusion with the MK3 undergarments. Very easy
to get into and very comfortable. Range of motion incredible. Did not really like the sport skin at least for me and that's ok as I'm interested in the bullet skin.
I will be pool diving it this weekend.

Today I tried on the Bare Trilam HD tech dry and the high loft undergarments.
Very easy to get into and very good mobility. It was a little harder to move in
but I was able to get into all the same positions. Loved the ATR system it works very well. I will be pool diving this suit on the weekend as well.

Around Feb 16th I will be trying on the DUI CLX 450 as well as pool diving it.

I will post a write up about my experiences with all three suits and which one I have decided on as soon as I have tested them all.

Again much thanks
Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom