Drysuit Fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am currently looking at a used DiveRite 905. How should it fit? How baggy is too baggy? I will do the squat and see if I can still reach the back zipper without restrictions. Any other tips to determine if it fits right? Any help is much apreciated. Thanks.

The ideal drysuit fit might be described as no baggier than necessary to allow the needed range of movement while wearing the thickest undergarment one expects to wear.

Rarely will a drysuit fit perfectly and there will often be some baggy areas. I'd guesstimate that a diver could easily manage a suit that's oversized by 10% or even more in girth measurements. It's really not difficult to manage the increased tendency of the "bubble" to shift around in a looser-fitting suit.

For example, I've got a 43" chest and can easily manage the extra material of my drysuit that has a 50" chest. This particular suit fits my extra winter insulation very well, but is quite loose when I wear very light insulation in warm water. Even when it's a baggy fit on my light insulation, the air bubble is quite manageable. :)

Excessive length might create more difficulties than excessive girth, but mine has about 5" extra length and it's still manageable. It helps that it has suspenders and a telescoping torso, however. :wink:

Dave C

Last edited:
It shouldn't be baggy. With a 400g undergarment on, my tls fits closer than a tshirt. I have full range of motion.

Back
Top Bottom