Drysuit hose length with argon rig...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
What length of hose are you guys using with an argon setup? I know my stock hose will be waaaay too long and was wondering what length you guys use.

or the O-Ring AIRgon rig?

curious...

Mo2vation once bubbled...
or the O-Ring AIRgon rig?

curious...
That's for my airgon rig....most of the time I am not in cold enough water that, IMHO, argon will make enough of a difference to matter much. Plus there's the hassle of preflushing with another tank since we only have 6cf3 bottles, etc. etc.

...so are you guys measuring from the base or something? :D

O-ring, what's the reason for using a seperate "airgon" bottle for the drysuit instead of running the drysuit hose from backgas? If you're diving doubles with the isolation manifold, don't you already have redundancy?

Assuming you're using a seperate bottle for the drysuit, does your wing inflator hose have to be able to reach the drysuit valve, in case the drysuit bottle dies?

Scubaroo once bubbled...
...so are you guys measuring from the base or something? :D

O-ring, what's the reason for using a seperate "airgon" bottle for the drysuit instead of running the drysuit hose from backgas? If you're diving doubles with the isolation manifold, don't you already have redundancy?

Assuming you're using a seperate bottle for the drysuit, does your wing inflator hose have to be able to reach the drysuit valve, in case the drysuit bottle dies?
Using the airgon bottle is necessary when the backgas contains helium since helium will freeze your arse if used for suit inflation.

My wing inflator hose will not reach my drysuit valve, so if the drysuit bottle dies, the dive is over. On ascent, I will only be venting gas, so in the event the drysuit bottle dies I will abort the dive and begin ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom