Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m late to the party. OP, what did you end up doing?

I have experience with both suits, and although I loved the idea of the hybrid, I found that it was unwieldy and too bulky for my personal taste. The suit itself was probably a little bigger on me than it should’ve been, so to be fair there is that one caveat.

I’m a skinny American who eats bacon but no beer drinking here.

D1XHybrid ISS - I was warm but I was literally lugging around a tanker of lead, I did two dives in the suit and it just was not for me. The hybrid material was really cool, and I really really wanted to buy it, but the fit wasn’t right, and it was super floaty . And I hated all the lead I needed.

D7 Pro Cordura ISS - This is what I ended up buying, and have been really comfortable with it, it’s easy to manage and dive with, and I have been diving as cold as 5.5°C, 42°F. I do not use dry gloves, and after this weekend, I’m going out to buy an WP Ultima dry glove system. My body was never cold, but my hands hurt. I was in five mill wetsuit gloves.

I’m late to the party. OP, what did you end up doing?

I have experience with both suits, and although I loved the idea of the hybrid, I found that it was unwieldy and too bulky for my personal taste. The suit itself was probably a little bigger on me than it should’ve been, so to be fair there is that one caveat.

I’m a skinny American who eats bacon but no beer drinking here.

D1XHybrid ISS - I was warm but I was literally lugging around a tanker of lead, I did two dives in the suit and it just was not for me. The hybrid material was really cool, and I really really wanted to buy it, but the fit wasn’t right, and it was super floaty . And I hated all the lead I needed.

D7 Pro Cordura ISS - This is what I ended up buying, and have been really comfortable with it, it’s easy to manage and dive with, and I have been diving as cold as 5.5°C, 42°F. I do not use dry gloves, and after this weekend, I’m going out to buy an WP Ultima dry glove system. My body was never cold, but my hands hurt. I was in five mill wetsuit gloves.

Got the new D7X, nothing but love for it. Also have the ultima dry glove system, it's just fantastic.

I just got the D7X ... regardless of the age of the thread im responding ! :wink: I love the cut. I really really like this drysuit and can't wait to dive cold water. I haven't yet decided on undergarments except 4th element arctics or a santi 1 piece. Typing this as I use my -15 sleeping bag as a pillow. I love the cold !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom