Drysuit Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff=Dive:
Thanx all for the excellent input. I might as well just flip a coin since I cant really decide. I like the fit of neoprene, but cant stand the fact of cleaning or drying.. a major selling point for me, thus is why I would like a shell suit. BUT would it cost me more to have a USIA custom fit, than an apollo neoprene? A bit more reasearch need be done on my part. Either way I hope Randy or Trevor can cut me some slack, which they already have, since I could have baught a car with the amount I've spent there.

Anyway, all I can do right now is blow bubbles in a cup.

I really appreciate the input

what do you need a car for its much easier to haul dive gear in a truck!:D

jcmvw1:
what do you need a car for its much easier to haul dive gear in a truck!:D

with the amout of dive gear I have that's all sopin wet after I get out of the pool, I'm glad I have a pickup and not a bucket and a tarp in the back of a hatchback. :D

Well. I think I'm going to go with an apollo since there on sale atm for 950. I know it will keep me warm, and I know it will last me a few years. Thanks again for all the advice.

Hey JEFF=DIVE.

GOOD DRYSUIT=FIT.

It took me until my 4th DS to figure this out, even though I kept reading it on this board.

I'm kinda' slow.

Anyway, I bought a custom trilam for just a few hundred more than you are about to pay, and a lot less than the total of my other three dry suits.

I bought a custom Diving Concepts.

Call Matthew at Northwest Sport Diver and tell him you want the same price he gave me that I promised not to tell and he didn't make any money on. :D

too late for a trilam suit, I've committed myself to an Apollo. The "grand" + total came to $1030.61 as opposed to full price of $1415.69 a decient savings I think. AND Randy is going to give me a drysuit hood, provided I give him my old wetsuit one... fine with me, I can hardly wait to get in the water... I'll be back to 6+ times a week... thats Diving :D

Take a look at the Northern diver crushed neo suit, ten fold nicer than the USIA.

NWBoiler:
Take a look at the Northern diver crushed neo suit, ten fold nicer than the USIA.
If you can find a Northern Diver suit that'll fit you properly off-the-rack, it's a nice suit for the money.

However, if you are ordering a made-to-measure suit, be prepared for a long wait and a disappointing result. I think that Northern Diver has set a record in the drysuit industry for screwing up custom orders ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You'll be happy for sure!!! I dive in a Apollo and have yet to have the slightest leak or buoyancy problem and have been warm as a baby. I have dove with quite a few divers in shell suits DUI and others who have had everything from seal leaks to pin hole leaks to valve and buoyancy problems etc... can't imagine what you would be doing while diving that a neoprene dry suit wouldn't be durable enough for you and there is no comparison when it comes to warmth and I like the fact that I never need to be concerned with the common air bubble floating around in my suit, just my 2 cents.Love my Apollo and my only complaint is that it is not self donning....

Well I was going to talk about my yellow Moby, which I bought from Matt...but don't want Rick to get me in trouble... j/k. Even with all the leaks it's had, I love it(plus they've been really cool about getting it going for me), but I was able to do my training in it, and several dives before I bought it. I'm all about the field testing.
With Jeff taken care of... Anyone know if you can stick pockets and swap out the boots for socks on a trilam?

Kwbyron:
With Jeff taken care of... Anyone know if you can stick pockets and swap out the boots for socks on a trilam?
Sure. Matt should be able to handle that for you, or you can buy the pockets and socks and DIY. Pacific Rim (5th D) sells a good pocket, too.

Don't you like your built-in boots? I just went the other way around and am very happy.

Back
Top Bottom