Drysuit or Wetsuit?

What do the Florida Conch Divers prefer and why?

• Drysuit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wetsuit

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No Suit

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 3mm 2-pc. with hood and gloves (all Henderson) in the springs, and depending on water temp., I will vary the combination in other circumstances.=-)

Depends. Starting in November and ending in May, I'll wear a wet suit because I need it to stay warm. I prefer diving with just a swim suit which I'm able to do from mid May until mid November.

I hate polls.

I'm not sure what the advantage would be to a dry suit here... and you have to use the head on the boat!

FYI regarding a drysuit alternative, though I can't recall the name of the place but you can see it off to the west of I-95 north of the Hallandale exit, I stopped in to learn about their "custom made" wetsuits. One small modification makes them "dry" (not technically a drysuit but no ocean water touches your skin).

VERY impressive. She's been making them for 20+ years and will demonstrate the compression difference between her materials and "off the shelf" suits with a little tank in the office.

Her zippers are really outstanding, making the suit exceptionally easy to get I/O. For big guys like me they're supposed to be much more comfortable than what's available at DD.

I'm not in the market for a new wetsuit, and when I am I'll go cheap (her's start in the $300 range, maxing out at $500), but if anybody would like to know more let me know and I'll dig her card out.

I'm with Walter in suit preferences.. only use a wetsuit when I need it (when the water gets a little chilly). Other than that its my big red swimmin suit!

Springs and Winter Months (76 degrees and below) I use my Henderson 3mil.

The rest of the time, I either use my henderson polartec (primarily for protection) or just shorts and a T-Shirt.

Years back, I used to dive in my Louisiana Wetsuit (Old Levi's 501's and T-Shirt) when I needed to stay a little warmer.

Ok...

Full 7mm in the springs and when water temp warrants (72 or so).

Full 3mm for most fall and spring ocean dives.

Just a bathing suit when I can get away with it.

A Drysuit would be nice, it's one of those things on "the list" (the stuff you'd buy if you won the lottery) but considering how cheap a wetsuit is compared to a drysuit and undergarments I can't really justify one.

Ben

I wear a Henderson Polartec fleece i got on Ebay. Perfect suit for most florida diving. I'm working on adding a 3mil for cold stuff.

I also have a 2piece 7mil that I'm trying to figure out how cold I can dive in.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom