Drysuit repair Seam Tape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zerovis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi there I am looking for a good quality iron on seam tape for the outside of a codura dry suit I am presently re-taping the whole suit and would appreciate recommendations on the type of tape for the outside of the seams

thanks

thank god for Ebay ,i got the tape will post the results soon doesn't look like many people have done this

thank god for Ebay ,i got the tape will post the results soon doesn't look like many people have done this

Do you have a link of this tape supplier at eBay? What's the result of your seam tape work on your shell drysuit?

Terry

Melco tape is the usual choice for this It's a three layer tape with an outer nylon layer which comes in several colors, and is extremely stretch, so it works on high flex divesuit materials (if you use a non-stretchy tape on a stretchy material you can end up putting more stress on the seems). McNett packages it, though you can get it from some outdoor fabric vendors cheaper.

There's also a thinner version that is almost transparent and doesn't have the nylon layer, which is more suitable for inside use, but has been much harder to find in small quantity. This is what the Sympatex appears to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom