Drysuit Repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a reliable shop or person who can perform alterations on my Drysuit.
any suggestions would be helpful, thanks

I know of KME in auburn, but can't speak to their service record.
Avoid them like the plague if you like your suit. Most of us have stories; mine includes over three months waiting and one ruined suit that was repaired twice in that time and came out of it a LOT worse for the repair (simple zip replace).

The two decent choices both involve shipping.

My personal choice is Superior Drysuit Repair, in Minnesota (Superior Diving Repair, Inc.), which I've used for work on a DC crushed neo suit, and they did spectacular work - better than the factory, frankly. Quick turnaround, and very good prices. I paid for rush service and had the suit back in just over a week.

Steve Gamble in Florida is also top notch. He was recommended to a friend who had seal work done, and the quality was excellent and the service friendly.

What type of suit? And what do you need done?

Unfortunately, I agree with the previous poster about KME ... I used to use them a lot, and stopped doing so when I started having to take my suit back too often because the work wasn't up to standard. A pity, because they're very convenient to me ... but I just couldn't trust the work to be done properly.

I agree about Superior ... generally pretty pleased with their work, turnaround, and price ... even though shipping can be a bit of a pain.

Depending on the brand and what you need done, you may be better off sending it to the manufacturer. I've had great luck with DUI, for example.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Agree with the warning against KME. They aren't fast, and my suit went to them three times to find a leak that never got fixed. Superior fixed it, though.

Depending on your location, and what is wrong with your suit, Tacoma SCUBA does a nice job. When necessary they can get simple things repaired and turned around in a day or two. Larger repairs, or tracking down transitory leaks may take longer. Wally does all the repairs, and they turn out really nice.

thanks for the info, looks like Superior or Steve Gamble in Florida.

Depending on your location, and what is wrong with your suit, Tacoma SCUBA does a nice job. When necessary they can get simple things repaired and turned around in a day or two. Larger repairs, or tracking down transitory leaks may take longer. Wally does all the repairs, and they turn out really nice.

Good point ... coincidentally, I was dropping off one of my suits there today right about the time you were typing that ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom