Drysuit Roundtable Q&A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! You are going to LOVE drygloves!! One of my favorite upgrades many years ago. If you think going from a wetsuit to a drysuit was awesome...HA, wait until you go from thick wetgloves to drygloves!

Dove Clear Springs Scuba Park, and Holy Cow amazing!!! Its insane, for the price of a good pair of wet gloves, a person can spend 30-40 dollars more and get a dry glove system. I can't believe that I spent more on wet gloves in the past year than I did with these.

I heard about Dive Rite In Scubas loss my Condolences.

Last edited:
Thanks for your Condolences Diver Dan, it truly means alot. My dad was a great man to alot of people all over the world, and to alot of divers.

Glad you love the drygloves, they are awesome! People just don't understand what they are missing :wink:

image.jpeg

So, my friend has a Bare HD trilam with neoprene seals. I'd like to swap them out for replaceable seals. The neck isn't a problem but the wrists could be an issue. The neoprene is very long, see picture for wrist style. Can I attach the cuffs to the neoprene or to the trilam which will probably be way too short?

View attachment 369471

So, my friend has a Bare HD trilam with neoprene seals. I'd like to swap them out for replaceable seals. The neck isn't a problem but the wrists could be an issue. The neoprene is very long, see picture for wrist style. Can I attach the cuffs to the neoprene or to the trilam which will probably be way too short?
With my si tech wrist cuffs and seals the cuff is a 1/4 of the way up my forearm if not more the seal is reaches my hand and the dry gloves cover the rest of my forearm you should be fine removing the neoprene

View attachment 369471

Well, that is something you would want to have measured first. You might need to add some material to make sure the length doesn't change too much. It's hard to say, without seeing the suit on you or having the measurements. It's not an issue to install the system, you just might need to add some material to keep the length where you want it.

image.jpeg
Here's a pic of her in the suit.

I think it's finally time for me to add a p-valve to my Whites Fusion Bullet. In your opinion, is there a valve that is better suited for the Fusion? I'm considering either the Halcyon Streamline, Light Monkey Tinkle, Si-Tech Trigon, or the Dive Rite balanced valve. There's a great post by "skdvr" on p-valve install in the fusion.
P-Valve Install in Fusion
But I'm just wondering on which valve to go with, or at least avoid for use on the fusion?

Last edited:
On my Fusion Sport I went with the Dive Rite balanced valve and no complaints. Just remember that valve location can be difficult on a Fusion because of the loose inner core. So I recommend wearing the suit with your undies when marking the p-valve location, and mark on the inside.

Hi Dive in Right:
I have a Viking Sport with latex seals. Can I switch the latex seals (neck and arms) with user changeable silicone ones? The suite has a Viking hood that at least for me collects air expelled from my regulator and is a nuisance to me.
Thanks,
Compressor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom