Drysuit Thermals - do business with this guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VancouverBC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is another thread with a ton of posts about this Ebay dealer but I just had such a great experience I wanted to share it....if you are in the market for some new thermals this is your guy.

His ebay user name: rondel101bjrr

Or simply do a search for: 4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT

He has a few types to choose from depending on the warmth you require. In my case I ordered the Polartec because I thought it would be the perfect mid range undergarment i.e. not too thick, but still warm enough for 40 degree water. I dove it two days ago and I wasn't cold but I wasn't quite as toasty warm as I wanted. This is no reflection on the garment at all - in fact it's really nice stuff. I should have ordered the Antartica from the beginning.

Anyways, long story short.... I contacted him after using the garment and he was happy to exchange it for me. He also insisted on paying for the shipping both ways to exchange the new product. I told him I would pay for shipping and not to worry about it. This morning I get up and I have a $40.00 credit with Paypal with a note that said:

I am refunding you $40.00. $20 for the difference in the suit prices and $20.00 to cover the return of the polartec. Thanks for the offer on the shipping but I will cover it. Sorry I would not feel right if you paid for it Ron

NOW THAT IS SERVICE MAN!! They don't make em like that anymore.

If you need thermals check this guy out you won't be sorry.

There is another thread with a ton of posts about this Ebay dealer but I just had such a great experience I wanted to share it....if you are in the market for some new thermals this is your guy.

His ebay user name: rondel101bjrr

Or simply do a search for: 4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT

He has a few types to choose from depending on the warmth you require. In my case I ordered the Polartec because I thought it would be the perfect mid range undergarment i.e. not too thick, but still warm enough for 40 degree water. I dove it two days ago and I wasn't cold but I wasn't quite as toasty warm as I wanted. This is no reflection on the garment at all - in fact it's really nice stuff. I should have ordered the Antartica from the beginning.

Anyways, long story short.... I contacted him after using the garment and he was happy to exchange it for me. He also insisted on paying for the shipping both ways to exchange the new product. I told him I would pay for shipping and not to worry about it. This morning I get up and I have a $40.00 credit with Paypal with a note that said:

I am refunding you $40.00. $20 for the difference in the suit prices and $20.00 to cover the return of the polartec. Thanks for the offer on the shipping but I will cover it. Sorry I would not feel right if you paid for it Ron

NOW THAT IS SERVICE MAN!! They don't make em like that anymore.

If you need thermals check this guy out you won't be sorry.

Wow, looks like you are a very stisfied customer :D
I am in need of replacement thermal garments. Where does rondel101bjrr get his his product manufactured.?Where did shipping originate? I am very intersested in getting my stuff replaced for a reasonable cost.

It comes from New York if I remember. I'm pretty sure its all factory made in China but just shoot him an email he's an honest guy and will tell you what you need to know. You just can't beat the prices.

And yes, very satisfied. I run my own business and put up with all kinds of idiots on a daily basis. Refreshing to see some real customer service again.

Ron is an upstanding guy, with good product ... do not hesitate to do business with him :)

funny .. to get such personal service from someone that I've never met :D

I just ordered suits for myself and my wife just this past week from Ron. It is great seeing the positive comments about him. I have had just a few contacts through email with regards to sizes and he is very prompt and responsive to any questions. I am getting the feeling I am also going to have a good/great experience as well. I cannot wait to get the suits and get into the water.

I need a new undergarment, I just might have to check this out. Do they allow for a free flow of air using a shoulder dump? I have that problem with a popular brand of high loft undergarment and I'm worried I will keep having this issue.

So far so good for me. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of drysuit dives under my belt yet so take that for what its worth..... Hopefully someone else will chime in on their experience with it.

Hey Pachill .. I live in North Park too ... near the library :)

the ones I have are the 4 way stretch fleece with a pretty low knap and a 3 layer quilted ... the quilted one has a vented area at base of arms and with a nylon outer shell, it wont get into a valve

I've bought from him as well, and will do so again.

:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom