drysuit undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhwelder92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i will getting my drysuit in in a couple weeks and was wandering if i really need i undergarment because i dont have the extra money right now could i just wear some under armor foe right now and it is a crushed neoprene and i will be diving in about 68-70 degree water thanks

I would just go for a base layer of Underarmor or the like and then some fleece sweatpants and a fleece sweatshirt. If you are not warm enough then look for something affordable.

Which drysuit? I have a old TUSA HRS which is fine down to about 55 degrees with just some simple military polypro undergarments.

M

I second Peter C's recommendation. A set of polarfleece sweats and a base layer should be enough with crushed neo in those temperatures. I dive a 200g Thinsulate garment in water at 70F, but that's with a laminate suit, and I'm one of those people who is chronically cold.

I use polypro underwear then a pair of good cycling tights on my legs and a polar fleece on top. I did 45 minutes in 35 degree water on Sunday in DUI crushed neoprene suit and I was fine.

I use polypro underwear then a pair of good cycling tights on my legs and a polar fleece on top. I did 45 minutes in 35 degree water on Sunday in DUI crushed neoprene suit and I was fine.
I would recommend not taking advice from a polar bear! LOL

What ever keeps you warm. Beware of plush fleece as the thickness holds lots of air needing more weight until you're under pressure and dropping like a rock. It sounds like you have the right plan though.

With a crushed neoprene suit, the key was air in the suit for warmth not the undergarments per say......

I found that with an extra few pounds and a slight turn on the shoulder dump, I could keep a bit more air in the suit which was much warmer....

Just remember to add the air at depth and be sure and vent before ascending......

M

Depends on water temps.. I was in low 50's in my new bare sb system suit with only the underwear first layer on.. I could feel the cold but i wast cold.. Though i like to run a little cool anyways.. Your GOING to need some sort of layer just to protect your skin from the rubber of the suit.. Otherwise its going to chew you up... One thing you can also look at is a lavapro layer wetsuit.. Works great as a drysuit undergarment--- doesnt pill up like fleece--- NO buoyancy effect(read-- you dont need to add weights for adding the undergarment)--- and cheap($200)..... Plus you can also wear it under a wetsuit... Adding a lavacore system sort of makes your dive system modular..... drysuit/drysuit +lavacor/wetsuit/wetsuit+lavacor/just lavacore... Plus--- should your drysuit leak-- the lavacore can still keep you warm even when wet(after all it is a thin wetsuit)....

well i went to academy today and found a top and bottom similar to under armor but a whole lot cheaper, ill let yall know how it works when my drysuit gets here should be soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom