drysuit undies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Would a 100% polyester warm up suit be ok to use as drysuit undies? I would layer it over a basic Whites fleece undergarmet. Any thoughts.

midwest diver:
Would a 100% polyester warm up suit be ok to use as drysuit undies? I would layer it over a basic Whites fleece undergarmet. Any thoughts.
depends if you are diving in cold water. below 40F, thinsulate is the best. Fleece, cotton, poly, ect. will not wick water away from you as well. 200 G thinsultae should serve well for anything under 90 minutes.

midwest diver:

Yes it'll be OK to use that. Be careful to keep it dry, but it'll add a thermal layer to help you keep warmer. My buddy gtxl1200 (Ted) wears a sweatsuit under his drysuit most times when we dive together and I have never heard him complain about being cold.

All the hightech gear is nice, but if you already have the warmup suit, its a good low cost insulating layer for under a suit.

Watch your weighting. Adding the warmup suit under your drysuit will add quite a bit of air to the suit and will make you quite a bit more bouyant.

Tom, is correct I wear polypropelene(sp) long underwear next to my skin to wick moisture away. Then I wear a good pair of sweat pants and a good thick sweat shirt over those. I have dove to water 41deg this year and was only a little cold at the end of that dive. the rest of the year I have never been cold. I plan on diving a couple of more times this year with the same set up and I might throw an extra pair of wool socks on my feet is all. Save your money try it first if it isnt enough then spend the money on some T100 or T200 thermal underwear. Once again this is my set up your individual results may very. Good luck and save the money to buy air fills.
I have seen Dave(cldwtrdvr) just wear a pair of jeans and a spring windbreaker under his drysuit and he only got cold when it flooded. But lucky for him mom was only a few blocks away with a dryer and a hot bowl of soup to warm him up.Which reminds me how come Tom and I didnt get any lunch that day????

That's simple Ted.

You and Tom did not have a dryer or a hot bowl of soup. :)

I brought steaks for supper didn't I ?!?

Had a good time on that Traverse City trip, even if the diving was only so-so.

gtxl1200:
I plan on diving a couple of more times this year with the same set up and I might throw an extra pair of wool socks on my feet is all.
So what is the plan for the additional days of diving? I will probably need to dive as much as possible this year as I have learned recently that we are expecting another addition to the family and it ain't new scuba gear. I can't imagine trying to support three divers on my measly income maybe you need a place to spend some of the GM overtime money Ted.

Mitten Diver

Mitten Diver:
So what is the plan for the additional days of diving? I will probably need to dive as much as possible this year as I have learned recently that we are expecting another addition to the family and it ain't new scuba gear. I can't imagine trying to support three divers on my measly income maybe you need a place to spend some of the GM overtime money Ted.

Mitten Diver

We're diving Gilboa on 6 November (probably my last dive for the season) and you're invited to join us. Get in a couple dives, at least one DEEP is planned. So far it's Diverbrian, Cldwdiver, and myself and maybe GTXL1200 if his corporate keepers loosen the leash a little bit.

Later!

when it comes to cold, think like a winter hiker...

you can be cold. you can be wet. you don't want to be cold and wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom