Drysuit Weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaudiDiver,
Have you dived the Hispania yet? (Sound of Mull) - that's a must do dive :)

Not done the Hispania or the Rhondo yet, there on my to do list. Going to work up to them slowly once I have a handle on this green dark world I will do them. Also want to do the mine sweeper at Kyle of Lochalsh. Blew up at her moorings

Good for you - vis is usually about 8 to 9 metres and the wall dives there are good too and don't forget to add the Breda and Thesis to your list :)

It's great to hear about your positive experience! Just don't load up on the black pudding and haggis before the dive and you'll probably be OK!

I've been working on my trim and bouyancy since I got into my DUI this year and am about 23 dives into the process. Until now, when I have tried to hover, my legs would always sink. I finally got down to 26 pounds this past weekend and am neutral with 500psi in the tank and my legs don't sink any more. I have a BP/w and carry my weight in trim pockets on the tank bands. I carry most of the weight in the upper pockets and move the top of the tank valve 3-4 inches above the top of the wing. My undergarment is 2 layers of 200 g Polartec. I expect that when I dive in the Great Lakes and use my DUI 400g undergarment, that I will have to add 2 or more pounds. Sounds to me like you're right in the ballpark.

Mark

Mark,
With a new DUI 400g you might need 4 to 5 pounds for a couple of dives. Over time you'll be able to reduce that weight but I think 2 pounds is a little on the light side.

Back
Top Bottom