Drysuit... what do you wear on your skin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goldmember

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Assuming you wear some kind of undergarment under your drysuit, what do you wear underneath that? No details please on smelly underwear :no: , I am more thinking of wicking layers and socks. If you wear any of these, what kinds?

Underarmour cold gear typically. Silk socks under my wool socks.

Also wear Underarmor for cold water dives. In warmer water dives I will wear shorts & a T-shirt under a thinner undergarment. I usually wear 3mm neoprene socks for foot insulation without bulk or, if I need more, I have a thick pair of drysuit socks.

Ditto the Underarmour. And sometimes fleece or polypro between the two. For socks, silk liners and over those, Wheezle Extreme socks.

Thanks everybody!

That's good business for Underarmour :D ... I use something like the Underarmour stuff underneath my wetsuit (so I am not bothered by the folds in the back of my knee and inner elbow). I was thinking of buying something like that again for dry suit use or whether long underwear like those used in winter sports would be better...

Thanks everybody!
or whether long underwear like those used in winter sports would be better...

I use both. Underarmour as the wicking layer, and thermals as a thin warmth layer.

I use a Weezle undergarment, and the manufacturer recommends wearing as little as possible under it so that the inner layer can wick moisture from your skin. I usually wear an exercise tank or sports bra and a pair of compression shorts (both of wicking material) for the sake of decency, but that's it. I have tried wearing microfleece long johns under the Weezle but found it binding, though I know many divers wear Underarmor under Weezles.

I've just started diving dry and have used a pant-top combo of calpilene (Patagonia) from REI, and a pair of "smart wool" socks.

I use an Irideon polypro turtleneck on top, and a pair of smooth exterior light Polarfleece ski leggings on the bottom. For socks, I use polypro hiking socks, and over them, the woolly, thick soft fleece socks that seem to be for sale everywhere these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom