drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I have not noticed an increase in cleaning time for those who have been issued the suits.

You bring up a good point I thought about earlier, but didn't post since I didn't want to start a big debate. What about your BCD and/or harness? We too spend considerably more time cleaning these items than suits.

So far I have not noticed an increase in cleaning time for those who have been issued the suits.

You bring up a good point I thought about earlier, but didn't post since I didn't want to start a big debate. What about your BCD and/or harness? We too spend considerably more time cleaning these items than suits.

Our team uses vikings as well and looked into the new white's. As far as the BCD.. we dive backplate, harness and wing set ups. We have wings that are designed for contaminated water when we have fuel/oil and other heavy contaminants present... The wings which are most of your surface area on the BCD decon just as easily as a rubber suit.

If the harnesses are ever really trashed out.. we can replace them for less than 30.00 where the wings would cost near 200.00...

If you were to dive a great deal of nasty stuff and have issues with full decon you could use a simple webbing harness with the back plate and replacement cost would be a few dollars...

Dive Safe,

Tacman

Here in Phoenix AZ we have Vikings for contaminated water use and Pinnacle Freedom 2's for non contaminated training.

DUI puts on a "DUI DOG DAYS" event throughout the country every year. The cost is $10.00 which gets you lunch, ability to dive any and all their suits/equipment and the public safety siminar which talks about drysuits and decontamination. Very interesting and tons of fun. Well worth checking into. Just GOOGLE... DUI DOG DAYS and it will pop up. We are going to Lake Travis in April to the DOG Days. Went last year and had a blast camping out and diving. Anyone want to go please join us.

Our team uses Diving Concepts and we do not like them. Very expensive to fix/repair. We are looking at going with DUI in the near future. But we are going to look at them all before making the decision.

Back
Top Bottom