DSS OPV kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bryanmc57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tobin...
I just received my opv kit to mount on a brand x wing (my warm water wing before I got my LCD 30 which I love BTW). Since it has the 3 pc opv on it originally do I need to change the nut? I screwed it on the existing nut and it fits and vents but it doesn't feel like it moves the 1/8" the instruction sheet mentions. Will changing to the DSS nut give the valve more travel?

Thanks...
Bryan

Tobin...
I just received my opv kit to mount on a brand x wing (my warm water wing before I got my LCD 30 which I love BTW). Since it has the 3 pc opv on it originally do I need to change the nut? I screwed it on the existing nut and it fits and vents but it doesn't feel like it moves the 1/8" the instruction sheet mentions. Will changing to the DSS nut give the valve more travel?

Thanks...
Bryan

Yes, you need the DSS "hex nut". If you try to use the DSS OPV with the "stock" nut you will not have sufficient travel.

Tobin

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll call in the morning and order one. Are the BC wrenches an absolute necessity? The existing nut unscrews easily.

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll call in the morning and order one. Are the BC wrenches an absolute necessity? The existing nut unscrews easily.

The wrenches are required to do the job properly. If you do not secure the Hex nut to the bladder you may find the entire OPV unscrews when you don't want it to.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom