DSS website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strange! I can enter the DDS website using my Blackberry. But not my several computers at home!! :(

hongrace, have you contacted your Internet Service Provider? It is possible they have some kind of site-block erroneously placed.

Another test is to go to a library or hot spot and see if you can connect.

If your computer will not connect to DSS when it is on another network, your router might have blocked it for some reason.

I haven't done anything to my router. It was working fine until last Sunday. Do you know any setting/parameter I know check?

Depends on the router / firewall. Some of them may think they see a pattern of attack, and block a site.

That is why I recommended you take (assuming you have a laptop?) your computer to a hot spot. If you get through, either your router, or your Internet Service Provider (ISP's) router is blocking DSS.

However, a call to the ISP is usually quick and easy. Might as well do that first. Just ask them if they can get to the website.

Thank you Jax for the advice. This is what I have found out:
A) computers (including ipad) cannot click into DSS site at home. The desktop is direct plugged-in from the modem. The ISP is using PPPoE. Another output from the modem is plugged into a wifi router. All other devices (Macbook Pro, iPad and Blackberry using wifi) are using the wifi router. ALL devices do NOT work with DSS site.
B) Blackberry using 3G can log into DSS site.
C) Laptop and iPad CAN log into DSS site from other hotspots.
D) I went to ISP service center and their computer CAN log into DSS site.

So what has happened? Problem of my modem? For info, I have logged into DSS site no problem before this week on the same devices same ISP, same modem. I have NOT changed any setting or hardware.

So frustrating that I cannot log into DSS site. If it is other site, I can live with it. But DSS site... ><

This is the message I got from Firefox browser:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.deepseasupply.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Do you know what a command prompt is? You'll find it under "Accessories".

Type the following at the command prompt, hitting enter after each one:

C:
cd/
tracert www.deepseasupply.com >> DSS-Trace.txt

Then, use Windows File Explorer to navigate to the C: drive, open the text file DSS-Trace.txt, and share it with us.

Last edited:
There you go; that's your problem! :giggle:

There should still be some way to trace the route to the DSS website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom