Dual bladder wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...one is failure to use technological advances to make diving safer.

That is one of the problems with diver training today; technology is the answer to everything. In my experience, technology fails.

Other than the death toll....I would post a list of diving deaths with an END greater than 100ft from 1990 or so until 1997, but moderators deleted my post last time I did that (you can find it on aquanat archives). It was at least 200 names.

The problem isn't depth, it's depth coupled with a lack of experience and planning.

Having 2 wing inflater plugged in is a great way to have an uncontrolled ascent and not know which one to stop (or at the very least, delay your figuring it out).

You have it figured out before you get into an emergent situation. Again lack of training... :shakehead:

That is one of the problems with diver training today; technology is the answer to everything. In my experience, technology fails.

I love how in nearly every thread you pull out this nonsensical strawman argument. No one here is advocating technology OVER experience. Only you seem to think people are arguing for this approach. Sorry, it's not the case. What many are suggesting, however, is that experience and good gas choices should both be pursued. Trying to use experience in lieu of smart gas choices is EQUALLY as dumb as using good gas choices in lieu of experience. I don't champion either, but you seem to be in love with the former. :shakehead:

The problem isn't depth, it's depth coupled with a lack of experience and planning.

You have it figured out before you get into an emergent situation. Again lack of training... :shakehead:

Actually, I would say your choices were bad choices even before you hit the water. They complicate any scenario for a time where simpler is better.

So the problem with diver training today, is the instructors that use and/or promote convoluted solutions and bad gas choices.

If these instructors would quit teaching, technical diving would be a safer place.

Ya, lets not use technology. Lets use j valves (because THOSE never failed), navy air tables, huge oval masks, double hose regs, and halogen lights. You look like a space man in your profile pic. Don't tell me that the old brass helmets and weighted boots are better than how commercial divers do it today.

Fail.

We've found better ways to do things that have better results and stack the odds in favor of the diver. And guess what, when your inflater starts flowing, its emergent NOW when you have a real deco obligation. Cut the nonsense and use the right tool for the job. You could blame EVERY death in EVERYTHING as a lack of training or experience. Even this Toyota sticking pedal thing. Just put it in neutral, right? Or just fix the damn problem and not have to deal with it.

How does helium fail on a dive?
The Rouse's might disagree with you.
Prevention is the best cure.

And just to bring us back on target, DCBC, your double bladder argument is still dumb.

Is this really REQUIRED? I will not be very deep > I could of course just go to the bottom complete my dive and then be neutral for the swim up.

Ya you can just walk around on the sand for 20 minutes.

And just to bring us back on target, DCBC, your double bladder argument is still dumb.

No problem; I'll take your comment for what it's worth... :mooner:

Scary thing...he is also a tech instructor. Thats where the real tragedy is. He ideas will live on with his students.
Not if history repeats itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom