dual outlet valve on single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But they are beautiful!

The dual dip tube y valve would be the bees knees for one of my crazy project ideas; I’ll just keep looking.

Anybody ever turn an m25 down to a 7/8s ?
no, but I have turned a 3/4 down to 7/8. I don't see any reason it couldn't be done. It takes longer to make a jig than it does to turn the threads.

The dual outlet single cylinder valve either Y valve or H valve has long since gone out of favor with today’s technical training agencies. What was popular 20-30 years ago is not acceptable now. Twin cylinders either backmount independent or manifold doubles or sidemount is what is being practiced today. After 36 years of Great Lakes wreck diving and now 24 years of cave diving you won’t see dual outlet valves anymore.

What on earth is their reasoning? Once you cut the heads, the oring engagement depth is the same.

I’m with you on this one, I got the idea from you :wink:

I think the concern is the corrosion on the exposed brass. While that might be a real concern I can’t see how that affects the seal in any way and I used them anyways. The former shop manager is a good buddy of mine, he’s the one who scoffed at it. I’ve since decided I can’t stand the angled valves so they’ve been replaced.

Anyone need an angled 7/8’s manifold with machined plugs?

The dual outlet single ...
This thread is in the "Basic Scuba" subforum. As I mention and show above, I use an old-school Y-valve for solo recreational diving to moderate depths. Simple approach, minimal gear, minimal drag. Sufficient redundancy (for me or anyone who uses a known cylinder and constantly monitors his/her SPG) to ascend safely from moderate depths, IMHO.

rx7diver

This thread is in the "Basic Scuba" subforum. As I mention and show above, I use an old-school Y-valve for solo recreational diving to moderate depths. Simple approach, minimal gear, minimal drag. Sufficient redundancy (for me or anyone who uses a known cylinder and constantly monitors his/her SPG), to ascend safely from moderate depths, IMHO.

rx7diver
I agree entirely, And if your double valve also has the good old reserve, as my one, then you can even forget to keep constantly an eye on your SPG...

Two tanks, manifolded, one 1st stage, one 2nd stage. (No one does this any more).
:happywave:

Military solid bar manifold (with reserve) on a pair of al63s, and a modern center post manifold on a pair of lp50s. These are nice with my DH....

I do however have an octo....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom