Dubai to have world's first underwater hotel by 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That whole area or Dubai is doing a lot of contruction to build a lot of cool buildings. Saw something on TLC or Discovery I think it was frontiers of construction where they showed the hotel that looks like a sail and a waterway that they built... just really neat...

raviepoo once bubbled...
Key Largo has an underwater hotel. It's called Jules Verne's Lodge. It's incredibly expensive. You have to have much too much money to even consider staying there.
I checked it out a couple years ago, but couldn't dive it because someone was still there from an overnight stay.

It is in a scummy looking lagoon (oops, I mean mangrove habitat) about a 1/4 mile south of the bay-to-ocean cut in Key Largo.

boney once bubbled...
That whole area or Dubai is doing a lot of contruction to build a lot of cool buildings. Saw something on TLC or Discovery I think it was frontiers of construction where they showed the hotel that looks like a sail and a waterway that they built... just really neat...

That hotel is the Burg Al Arab. Also very expensive.

I can't be sure, but I think there's an underwater restaurant (requires a short submarine ride) somewhere in that area, too.

Go figure!!! That is where I certified back in 93.... We did 2 ow dives in the gulf and the rest in Gulf of Oman..... Great dives in the Gulf of Oman!!!

dubai and abu dhabi are very nice cities spent 4 months this year in that general area. the buildings in dubai are very impressive to see. would like to go back and visit to see more
dave

shawarmas are reat they need to sel them on the street in the us i love shawarmas

well i've stayed in a few hotel rooms with damp on the walls but this is ridiculous. imagine the avacuation procedures for an emergency in the middle of the night!:eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom