DUI 30/30 owners' thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPEG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In cold California waters, I have exclusively dived a drysuit for the last twenty years. I am shifting my diving toward warm water and am considering a DUI 30/30. I am fully prepared for the funny looks. Comfort, and the eradication of the "unearned fatigue" associated with diving wet, are my primary considerations.

How do owners like their 30/30s? Anyone have any regrets?

You might also check out the Waterproof D9. It's a lightweight breathable trilam, and a lot less expensive than a DUI, I think. I have a D9X and really like it.

I got a killer deal on a once-used DUI 30/30 from a local Florida shop last fall and have put 25+ dives on since December in water temps from 52F to 72F.

I bought the Scubapro 2-piece (full + shorty) fleece set and use both pieces for temps below 60F and just the full fleece otherwise. Combined with XS 5mm semi-dry gloves and a 4/7mm hood it has been very comfortable over a wide temp range. The Gulf of Mexico is getting warm enough now I can probably cut to just the shorty fleece or rash guard underneath until I switch back to a 3mm when the water hits 80F.

Weighting has been similar to my 7/8mm semi-dry wetsuit - ~24lbs in salt water on an AL80 or 18lbs with HP100's but the 30/30 feels much more maneuverable and less constraining. When I dove Bonne Terre mine in January, similar sized divers we're using 8mm 2-piece farmer johns and ~35ish lbs of weight vs 20lbs for me (fresh water) so besides being warmer, I also didn't have to work as hard while swimming.

This is my 1st suit so I can't compare to other types or models but I love being warm and dry between dives and I haven't had any significant issues with the 30/30. The wrist seals do seep water. I've heard that is a common issue with DUI suits in general. Next time, I'll trim them a bit tighter. I haven't had any issues with the foot seals or neck seal. Front zipper makes unassisted in/out easy and it's easier to manage than most wetsuits once you get the hang of it.

In cold California waters, I have exclusively dived a drysuit for the last twenty years. I am shifting my diving toward warm water and am considering a DUI 30/30. I am fully prepared for the funny looks. Comfort, and the eradication of the "unearned fatigue" associated with diving wet, are my primary considerations.

How do owners like their 30/30s? Anyone have any regrets?

I have a 30/30 with the G2 Latex Neck and silicon wrist zip-seals. I use in in 68 and higher water with a lightweight base layer and a vest. Never a leak with the silicon wrist seals. I really like the drysuit. Any colder and I wear a drysuit with attached socks or booties and some heavier undergarments. I have a DUI CF200 and soon an O'Three MSF500.

Hi. This is Kathy Long with DUI. I came across your thread. I wanted to let you know that DUI is not currently offering the 30/30 drysuit at this time. We manufacture a drysuit for OMS - The Coronado. This is a breathable drysuit. MSRP is $1299. You can view it at Ocean Management Systems OMS Coronado Drysuit Trilaminate. This is a stock standard product and not available in a custom size. If you have any questions please let us know. You can also reach DUI/OMS Support at Support@DUI-Online.com.

Back
Top Bottom