DUI CLX450 front zipper replacement problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AandK

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i need to replace my zipper on my CLX450 and i have read the posts on here with the photos on how to do it. I have removed the old zipper but noticed that when i lay the suit flat, the zipper hole is actually curved. The zip i have bought to replace it with is a TIzip and i'm having trouble getting it to curve like the existing hole.

Are there any tips on what to do? I didn't even realize that the zipper was curved until i removed it. Do i just glue it in place with little gather overlaps on the inside edge?

Thanks for you help

I know the TLS350's are sewn in, was yours not?

Anyhow as long as it is the right size you start on one end and put it into place making sure both sides line up. The zipper and material need to lay flat against each other. It can be hard to get it right especially with the heavy weight of the 450. Don't cut the zipper to length until it is mostly in place, then cut it at the last inch or so.

Hopefully others can offer more advice.

You might mark the zipper and both sides in 1 inch increments. Then glue each side separately if they won't both lay flat at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom