DUI CLX450 vs Santi E-Lite (or, Can We Please Fight About This?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WantSomeScuba?

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey everyone!

My hand-me-down TLS350 is on its final legs, and I am in the market for a new drysuit. I recently moved up to Alaska, and am starting to get into technical diving, and I am hard on drysuits. I'm trying to choose between the CLX450 and the E-Lite. (I dive a BP&W)

As for options--yes. All of them. Pockets, SmartSeals/ZipSeals, dry gloves, standard neck seal, some sort of integrated sole, pee valve, and padding everywhere that isn't going to overly restrict movement.

My biggest concerns are durability, fit, and part availability. I'm 2 meters tall (~6'8") and about 100 kg (220 lbs), so it's going to have to be a MTM. I like DUI, and everybody I dive with uses them, but replacement parts are so freaking expensive. And there's a little bit of homerism with DUI, so I can't get a good bead on how Santi stacks up.

I'm almost definitely going to get a Santi undergarment, and while I can't afford a heating system right now, that's not out of the question in the future, and it seems Santi has that down.

I want to buy right and buy once. Price matters a little, but it's not a disqualifying factor one way or the other.

Haaaaaaaalp.

I have a TLS450 I purchased ~12 years ago, I got all the extra reinforcements, and dive it only with a BP/Wing. I just blew a ton of money having it updated at DUI, they last, can be repaired and really are durable. The price of zip seals drives me nuts. I just ordered a full set of Santi undergarments (2 sets really) both for warm and really cold conditions. My only remorse is not having yet figured out how to repair the zip seals with cheaper gaskets. I have friends that swear by the Santi undergarments (Euro friends) so I went that way also. They keep trying to get me to come mine diving with them in Finland so I'm also going to care about the vest system later. As for the money high quality gear makes you cry once when you pay for it, cheap gear makes you cry every time you use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom