DUI Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
(Also posted on BA_Diving. If you read it there, you should skip this.)

I just wanted to relate my recent experience with DUI customer service. I sent my drysuit back three weeks ago for multiple reasons, not least of which was a new zipper and socks. The zipper was totally dead, as were the socks, from wear. The fabric along the back protective layer of the suit was also worn nearly through, and I wanted it patched .The stitching on the outer protective zipper was unraveling, and so was the stitching on one leg holding on the knee pads. I had kind of an extra pocket there as the gap went from my thigh to my ankle. No one local could fix the knee pad thing, since it requires a special machine. That's really the only reason I sent it to DUI, I thought I could fix it locally faster and cheaper.

Well, I got the suit back today. They not only replaced the zipper and the socks, stitched the seams that unraveled, and patched the back, they also put a new pull tab on the protective zipper, because it was broken. (It broke the first week I had the suit, bur I could use it, so I left it.) They replaced the crotch strap which was on it's last legs. They even replaced the warning label inside which had long ago ripped out. They fixed every defect they could find, and they clearly looked for them all. They got the suit back to my dealer, Captain Aqua's, in three weeks. They charged me for........... a zipper, a pressure test, and shipping. I believe they felt the rest was warranty. I bought the suit in 2006. I have at least 500 dives on it. That was the second zipper, I had the first replaced locally. They warrant the suit for 7 years. If I had not replaced that first zipper myself, who knows? That might have been warranty too.

DUI rocks. I know the suits are expensive, but that kind of service is totally worth it to me. Captain Aqua's isn't bad either. They didn't mark up the repairs, just did a straight pass through. I'll buy from both of them again.

Carol Cohn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom