DUI DOG Days, In RI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to disagree but if enough interest is shown they would add an additional site. As a salesman no way I would pass up an opportunity to show my product to a qualified group of customers. They just need to see a good amount of interest and I'm sure they would respond. Just my opinion.

Ok, well here's the thing: DUI wants local dealers to show up at these events. DUI does not sell suits at these events. They refer you to the local dealer.

How many DUI dealers are there in RI (or CT)???
If you get those dealers behind this idea, then it has a chance...

One of the more difficult issues in purchasing a drysuit is knowing which size and which type suit you want. From what I understand it is difficult for dealers to have enough suits on hand to allow an interested party to try out a number of suits. Of course if your fully committed to buying a suit you can always order one, but I know I was hesitant about putting out the cash for a drysuit before I had dove some. The great thing about a Dog Day is that it provides an opportunity for interested divers to dive dry in a fun, inexpensive way. I can't but think that this can only spur drysuit sales. I live in RI, have a drysuit, and am trying to talk my wife into getting one. If DUI schedules a Dog Day at Ft Wetherill I and many more divers I know will be there.

You are correct sir. I will bug my local shops in MA and RI. Maybe others out there will do the same.

ScubaNorth:
You are correct sir. I will bug my local shops in MA and RI. Maybe others out there will do the same.

Thanks Scuba North the more we demonstrate an interest the better the chance of staging an event closer to home.

Thanks for the interest in bringing our event to your area. AS you may know these events draw up to 300 divers to a given dive stire so there area many considerations. The first issue is we need to know there are enough dealers who would support the event there as we need their help to bring divers and take care of the divers when they arrive. Staffing is always a problem. The second issue is the location. We need a place that has easy but interesting diving and is protected from most of the weather elements. We also need a location with an area to setup our tents and an easy entry into the water. We need good parking as well and a town or private owner who will work with us on entrance fees etc. If you think you know of such a location, I would be happy to consider it. Thanks for your interest. Perhaps we will see you at the event in MA if not RI.

Faith

I emailed the one who makes the decisions (no not my wife). We can talk til we are blue in the face and they still won't come if we don't ask. Now to find 300 odd divers and a couple of dozen volunteers, etc. I'll bring the salad and chips, who'll bring the 200 parking spaces and 300 plus divers? I have to guess that JT would want us early in the season :frosty: It will add a few dollars to the revenue of the local businesses :Kissy: . OK, I'll check with the local Chamber of Comerce to see if they are interested in having this type of event. That would be step one, don't tick off the locals. :Wizard:

Having been to this past year's DOG days at Stage Fort Park. Ft Wetherill in Jamestown RI, Fitts the Bill for easy diving ease of entry, protected from the weather, interesting diving, yadda yadda. 200 cars might be a stretch but the parking availability is comparable to SFP. Al Morse explained this to us when we ran it by him.... the hard part is finding all the DUI dealer in CT, RI and Southern MASS. maybe even some of th LDS in Long Island.... and drumming up the interest in the divers. which is why I started this Thread....All of us here are affiliated with an LDS or dive group in some way, shape or form. I figure if we get the word out and show we are committed to getting an event set up then DUI will give it serious consideration.

Back
Top Bottom