DUI drysuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I lost a lot of weight and have kept it off for nearly 4 years so thought it was time to get a new one. I was going to get a stock suit but not sure whether medium or large. I am borderline in the sizes and I don't have a place to really try one on. I am wearing Fourth Element Artics and Isotherms. I am 185 and 5'11 and I am fairly athletic built. My biggest concern is the hips and thighs as we tend to do a lot of squats at my CF gym and I have built up a lot in my legs. Thoughts?

I would go with the large..just my opinion. At 5'11" I think the medium may be too short for you in the arms and inseam.

I'm 5'8" and 170 and my medium fits well, so I think you'll need a large.

I'm 5'10" 165lbs and a stock medium fits me perfectly with a XM450 undergarment. You will clearly be in 'L' range but the question is will that be a good fit for you. I bet if you ask your LDS very nicely they would give you a decent price on the Signature Series custom cut; it's in their best interest, they want a happy customer with a great fit!

If they won't give you a good price you can call Hollywood Divers (www.hollywooddivers.com) and speak to Karim or Dan's Dive Shop (DUI FLX Extreme Signature Series Drysuit w/Essentials Package DUI FLX Extreme Signature Series Drysuit w/FREE Essentials Accessory Package [FLX Extreme Signature] - $3,098.00 : Dans Dive Shop, Online Store) and you will certainly get a fair deal.

You can see my latest review of the FLX Extreme here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/487862-dui-flx-extreme-review.html

Thanks for the help. A large was what I was thinking but have access to buy a couple mediums at a super low price and was considering it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom