DUI Drysuits. Are they worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HI all,

I think I am decided to go with a DUI. But, just wanted to hear from other members what they think of DUI products,etc... I am looking to get a Special Production 30/30 zip rings and all..
Also, this maybe a silly question. How does DUI compare to the rest of the company's that make dry suits? Also, I am still looking down here. But, it seems DUI is the only dry suits I can find in the Philippines... The DUI Rep down here is awesome and very helpful. I should be meeting up with him next week.
Thank you for any and all help and advice.
Kurt

I think there are suits that are just as good for less money. Bare and Pinnacle seem to be two of the other favorites.

I have a DUI CF200 and love it. It's pretty tough and I needed something durable. You want to be sure and get ZipSeals if you can... Much easier and cheaper to replace the seals if necessary. I have never owned another brand of drysuit, but a couple people who I know who have other brands like them as well. But I had rented DUI suits previously and trust their quality. Either way good luck!

I have been nothing but happy with my TLS350. And I wanted a fully custom cave cut, so I spent a mint. I think there are other excellent drysuits out there -- more on that in a second -- but I have never seen another drysuit, or even another feature on another drysuit, that made me think twice about DUI. I've also had only excellent experiences with their customer service department, so I definitely have no complaints. You will pay top dollar, but you will get an excellent product.

That said, I've recently been very impressed by my buddies' drysuits. One's a Diving Concepts Z tech, I believe, and the other is a Bare. If I were doing it all over again, I might skip paying for the custom cut and see which stock drysuit fit me best. If it turned out to be the DUI, great. If it were the DC or the Bare, well I think I could be happy in those suits too, provided the fit was good.

It doesn't sound like you have a ton of selection, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the DUI. But if you stumble on some other brands, definitely take the time to compare the fits, and the price tags.

One question: what's someone in the Philippines doing shopping for a drysuit?

So, I can spend more time in the water..You can still get cold in warm water. I know of a few people down here using dry suits. I was looking at the 30/30 which is for warmer water.
No, one down here carries any dry suits. I was looking at White's Fusion. But, no one in the Philippines carries them. And secondly, I didn't wont to get smacked again with customs fees for importing one.. And I don't plan anytime soon to go back to the US.

Then I guess our question should be...what brands can you get? If DUI is the only one, which it is sounding like, then you really don't have a choice.

I have a lower priced Bare drysuit (Nexgen) and like it. After I had it for a while, I had the opportunity to buy a slightly used DUI TLS350 at a fantastic price and tried it several times. It was actually less comfortable than my Bare, so I passed on it. It was particularly uncomfortable around the feet and it wasn't a size issue.
Your experience may not be the same. If you can .. try them before you buy them. DUI Dog days are helpful.

I have not heard from anyone that did not like their DUI suit but for me, the Whites Catalyst 360 works great for me and my wife (any many others) loves her Whites Fusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom