DUI Drysuits. Are they worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About the DUI drysuit, I tried a DUI clx 450 at dog days and wasn't very impressed, the front entry made the suit very bulky. I like the idea of the zip seals, but the gloves can be a pain because you have to put them on the suit before you put it on. Also if you order a suit with rock boots, which where my biggest complaint about the whole DUI suit, make sure you can get fins in a very large size. When I tried one out i went from a large fin with my drysuit to a XXL. I have a friend with a pinnacle front entry and he couldn't be happier with it. DUI was very nice to work with, had a great day talking with the people, but was not very impressed with the front entry suit compared to the pinnacle.
Good luck shopping

Depends which skin you want. Just for the Lycra skin around $1,188.00 with the tech skin around $1,360. But, you can get package deals with the suits, that include boots, under garments, pockets (only with the tech skin). I know that ST and Dive right due package deals....
Kurt in Cebu

I'm currently trying to decide between the Pinnacle Evolution 2 and either a DUI 50/50 or cf200.

The only real advantage I give to the DUI at this point (in my mind) are the zip seals. Aside from that I think they are both very well made suits and will last a long time. Now the question is: how big of a deal are the zip seals? Do people really buy an extra set to carry on dive trips "just in case"? And how hard would it be to either fix a Pinnacle seal or have it fixed?

I'm currently trying to decide between the Pinnacle Evolution 2 and either a DUI 50/50 or cf200.

The only real advantage I give to the DUI at this point (in my mind) are the zip seals. Aside from that I think they are both very well made suits and will last a long time. Now the question is: how big of a deal are the zip seals? Do people really buy an extra set to carry on dive trips "just in case"? And how hard would it be to either fix a Pinnacle seal or have it fixed?

Unless you're diving a lot wrecks or something, I can't imagine tearing a seal on my Pinnacle Evo2. Those suckers are THICK. Much thicker than any of the others I looked at. (DUI, Whites, Dive Rite)

Agreed on the thickness of the pinnacle wrist seals! I have a pinnacle freedom back-entry and the seals are very thick. Much more than the DUI. I've got 40+ dives on it so far and no complaints. I got the DS, hood, boots, drygloves and the marino undergarment for about half the price of the DUI clx450.

"Any advice or suggestions on other options?"
Pay some attention to sustainability. The day will come when you rip a neck seal or wrist seal. The day may come when you need a new zipper.

Who sells parts for your drysuit where you live? What parts do they stock? If you purchase replacement seals yourself, is there someone there who can assist you with making the repairs?

Answers to questions like that may be influential in deciding which product to go with.

Regards,

Doc

I really like mine - Signature Series TLS350 in black with the cordura overlay. Only think I may have done different is go with a dark red overlay instead of all black...

It was a few hundred less than MSRP through my LDS, so I was happy about that, and they happily resealed the crotch seam when the aquaseal started to peel back and a bit of water was seeping through. Other than that, I have nearly 100 dives on it and haven't had anything wrong with it.

I looked at other brands, but needed custom fit since I'm tall and skinny, and going through my LDS seemed the best way for doing that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom