DUI folding knife pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glaucus

Registered
Reaction score
Do any DUI owners have the 2 1/2 x 5 inch folding knife pocket on their suit? I'm thinking of having one put on the inside of my left forearm for my shears. If you do, where is it mounted, do you like it, would you recommend it?

Thanks.

What happene if your right arm gets entangled in something like a net or monofilament and you can't get your shears out? Things like shears and knives should be mounted as close to the centerline on your harness buckle so you can reach them with either hand.

Tom Winters:
What happene if your right arm gets entangled in something like a net or monofilament and you can't get your shears out? Things like shears and knives should be mounted as close to the centerline on your harness buckle so you can reach them with either hand.

Good question! First, knowing that my right arm is dominant, I'd flex my hulking bicep thereby stretching the entanglement to its breaking point freeing myself to continue searching for more daring underwater obstacles against which to test myself. Second, after spending the appropriate amount of time at safety stops and beer taps, I'd go home and amend my original post -and online singles ad- to include the line: "I carry more cutlery in more places than any diver in the western hemisphere and just wanted yet another place to stash a stainless steel blade of awe and wonder."
:D

Cheers, Tom!

Back
Top Bottom