DUI Neck Zipseals -- worth the price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjd001

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to decide if I should get a zipseal put in on the neck of my DUI CF200 drysuit. Searched and didn't find any recent threads on neck zipseals so I'm posting this thread.

I've had zipseals on the wrists for years. Still on the original pair of wristseals (and I have a backup pair just in case...) I've had my current (non-zipseal) neck seal for about 4 years now and, while it's in great shape, it's not as snug as it used to be... (Original neckseal was replaced after 2 years because it was too loose... the seal itself was in great shape... So it's not like I go through seals a lot...)

I've also got a leaky zipper so I'll be sending the suit back to DUI soon to get the zipper replaced... Seems a good time to get the neck seal replaced as well... But a regular neckseal or a zipseal?

Regular neck seal replacement is $98. Zipseal (neck) retrofit is $228. An extra neck seal (gotta have a backup or why have a zipseal?) is $138 for a total of $366. Oof!

I do about 40 - 50 dives a year, mostly in the drysuit... Never had a problem with a seal. I can recall two occasions where folk I know have had seal problems (1 neck, 1 wrist). I've also heard that the neck ring installed for the zip seal can be uncomfortable...

So, any opinions or personal experiences to share to push me one way or the other?

Thanks!

It sounds as if you have answered your own question ... you get good life out of your seals, and I dont see the need for you to get a zip seal
... now if you were getting the suit new, I think I would go for it

I have a DUI Flex50/50 with neck and wrist zip seals ... bought it used and had to get a zipper and a neck seal right off the bat .. no spares
(note: new to drysuits, but an information packrat)

Back
Top Bottom