DUI Silicone ZipSeals are here and now available to order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyIGH

Dive professional
Reaction score
With great pleasure I get to announce to you that DUI SILICONE ZIPSEALS ARE HERE! Now available. Yes... that means you can order them today from your DUI Dealer. Working on the DUI webpage. Here is the Media Release that was sent out last night... DUI MEDIA RELEASE - Silicone ZipSeals now available

silicone-zipseals.jpg

Will you have any of the silicone neck seals at Lake Rawlings this weekend? Also, as I have a somewhat large head:wink:, will the silicone stretch better than the latex neck seal?

Steve

---------- Post Merged at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:21 PM ----------

MSRP cost?

It's on their website...$148 wrist or neck

http://www.dui-online.com/zipseals_silicone.html

---------- Post Merged at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Another question to add to the website Q & A...

Q - Do I care for the silicone seals the same way as the latex seals (as in using talc when storing it)?

http://www.dui-online.com/zipseals_silicone.html
(for those who haven't clicked yet)

Any combo prices (wrist and neck purchased together)? I'll be picking up my new DUI on Friday. Wish you could of made this notice 2 weeks ago. Oh well, they just might have to be a back up pair to my latex.

No talc is needed. All that is required is rinsing. Do not talc as the outer layer will absorb the talc. Just use mild soap and water with a soft cloth to clean.

No talc is needed. All that is required is rinsing. Do not talc as the outer layer will absorb the talc. Just use mild soap and water with a soft cloth to clean.

Is the mild soap and water required in place of talc for putting the suit on or for cleaning after the dive?

Burhan it's just for use when cleaning the silicone. It is not needed when putting on or taking off.

Some divers used the talc when putting on their latex seals... other divers don't use it at all except for long term storage. For silicone seals do not use the talc.

Hi Burhan,

On the soapy water. Use this when putting the Zipseals together.. with the ring in your DUI drysuit. This works great. Just like on the DOGTV videos.
Some people find it easier to use a bit of soapy water when sliding their hand through the wrist seal. Other people don't use it. It's a bit of personal preference. We recommend 1 part mild dish detergent to 10 parts water.

Hope that helps.

They are AWESOME!

Kathy

when putting the zip parts together I just use spit, it is easier and less clean up ;-)

Back
Top Bottom