DUI Silicone ZipSeals are here and now available to order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy,

My wife and I bought new TLS350s last year (which we absolutely love) with zip wrist seals (planning for the new silicone ones) but no zip seals for the neck, since we were told the silicone neck zip seal was planned to be a different size (bigger diameter?). Are you guys still planning a different size neck zip seal, or the old size is what it is? I vaguely remember something about the silicone needing a larger diameter zip ring to work for heads. At some point we're going to switch out our neck seals for silicone (silicone wrist zip seals already ordered from my LDS) and it would be nice to know whether to switch sooner or wait for the new and improved size neck zip seal. Thanks

I was getting very excited about these until I realized I don't have a Generation 2 wrist zip seal. Then, I remembered I sold my DUI suit months ago because it kept shrinking in the waist area*.

But, since another DUI suit might be in my future (they are quite nice) and since your suits last a long time (they are quite well built) and since there is a thriving used market (since the suits tend to shrink in the waist area*), how much will upgrading to the Generation 2 wrist zip seals set a diver back?

Additionally, since these seals are less likely to need replacement due to degradation, and more likely to be catastrophically damaged, and since catastrophic damage often happens a seal at a time, are there plans to sell single wrist seals for the diver who only wants to keep one spare?

*this is a joke. I got bigger.

I was getting very excited about these until I realized I don't have a Generation 2 wrist zip seal. Then, I remembered I sold my DUI suit months ago because it kept shrinking in the waist area*.

But, since another DUI suit might be in my future (they are quite nice) and since your suits last a long time (they are quite well built) and since there is a thriving used market (since the suits tend to shrink in the waist area*), how much will upgrading to the Generation 2 wrist zip seals set a diver back? .

Dang, I just saw this as well. I just added some whiz bang stuff to my CNsE suit . . . crappola.

Hi Geoff.

We are working on a G2 (second generation) neck ZipRing. This will have the same out diameter but the ring is not as wide. This means the inner diameter is larger. So it will be have more room to put on and take off. If you have a large head this will be more comfortable than the current ring. I'll try and post an image here of the two rings. Remember this is still in R&D.

G1 Zip Neck Ring.jpgG2 Zip Neck Ring.jpg

...We are working on a G2 (second generation) neck ZipRing. This will have the same out diameter but the ring is not as wide. This means the inner diameter is larger. So it will be have more room to put on and take off. If you have a large head this will be more comfortable than the current ring...
Thanks Kathy! A lot of people accuse me of having a fat head, so this might be just the ticket. Now that the first gen silicone zip seals have gone from R&D to production, hopefully these new neck rings won't be in R&D as long as the first ones

Oh Geoff I don't think I want to touch that one...

Bob was diving one of the G2 proto types... it looks awesome. Will keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom