DUI W&T II or Classic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there much of a difference between these two? I can't see one from the one picture DUI-online shows me. Some people on this board have voiced an opinion one way or the other, but not given many reasons beyond why they had a harness in the first place. Is one easier to fit? I'm a big guy, 6'3" and near 290. I have done a search, but nobody seems to discuss the differences between these two.

I currently use about 24 lbs on my belt in cold water and a 7mm wetsuit. Not fun. I use a Halcyon Eclipse. I have considered going with a weighted STA, but the LDS wants $120 for it, and the DUI systems run a bit less than that. I am looking to get this bloody weight off of my hips.

Cold water is the only local water I've got. When I dive warm, I'm not needing any weight beyond ~10 lbs. That I can easily live with on a belt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom