Dumb color choice question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard that blue attracts hungry sharks. They think that anything blue is food. Anyone know for sure?

Yellow attracts sharks, not blue. There was a study done years ago... many divers call the color "yum yum yellow".

Of course if you are using the stuff in fresh water cold water diving with poor vis, like I do, yellow helps your buddy see you... not a whole lot of sharks in Missouri.

Everything I own is black, except for my fluorescent, lime-green fins. This makes it very easy for anyone in my family, or an assigned buddy, to pick me out or spot me in lower visibility. I've never noticed any sharks trailing behind me, but then again, I've not seen as many sharks as I would like all together. To each their own.

Good diving, Craig

Yellow attracts sharks, not blue... not a whole lot of sharks in Missouri.

Maybe if you were to wear more yellow, you would find more sharks. Or maybe the sharks would find you. :D

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]BTW, research indicates that yellow, white, and silver seem to attract sharks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Back to the original post-If you have a gift certificate and need a vote to decide what to do, just send the certificate to me:D

The only sharks we have here in Missouri are lawyers.

Well, those ones are everywhere! And they're attracted by any color... specially if it's money-green :D

Kidding, I love lawyers! Please, don't sue me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom