DUMB PT-015 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren...a guitar pick makes an excellent o-ring remover. As I was catching up on this thread, I surely was hoping you weren't using that washer to pry your o-rings out! I took me forever to figure out what the washer was for, but it's actually a pretty neet idea.

Hi Dee, no, it looked kind of sharp for a pick, so I've just been using my fingers to squeeze the o-ring loose. The thing that threw off was that there was no o-ring pick in the my PT-015 box. I'll have to remember the guitar pick thing and pick one up this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Warren, I was remembering that, for me, the o-ring pick came in the plastic envelope with the silicone and extra dessicant. Have you dumped that out to see if it is maybe hiding in there??

I have that bag in my dive tool kit, but never noticed it. But then I wasn't really looking for it to begin with - I'll have a look tonight when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

warren_l:
I have that bag in my dive tool kit, but never noticed it. But then I wasn't really looking for it to begin with - I'll have a look tonight when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are welcome, Warren :) I will cross my fingers that you find that tiny piece of plastic!!

A friend of mine cut a small triangle piece out of a milk jug. Mine is clear plastic so I drew a circle on it with magic marker....anything to help!

Credit cards also make good O-ring tools. Use then as is or cut the corner off an old one...Just .make sure the numbers a gone :)

Dee:
A friend of mine cut a small triangle piece out of a milk jug. Mine is clear plastic so I drew a circle on it with magic marker....anything to help!

I have several from my fine dress shirts (back when I was a suit) and I just threw a few of these into the Cam bag. Easier to handle than a guitar pick, and not as stiff. Work great.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom