Dump Valve Balls and Knife Sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobbonthecorn

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a nasty habit of losing the plastic cord end on the string of my dump valve. Can these be purchased separately? Also, I sold one of my BP/W set-ups and bought a new Mach V. However, my knife sheath (from knife ROT-02-01) was on the harness. Is this available separately from the knife? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what the knife looks like but a couple of solutions could be; To make your own sheath out of 2" webbing. Use a cut down steak knife with a mini-mag light sheath. Buy a prepaid sheath from a manufacturer or Halcyon.

Halcyon Knife Sheath | Extreme Exposure

I actually remove the little plastic dump valve things and tie two knots for pulling. I've had the plastic ball get caught...removing it seems to solve the problem

Why dosent everyone just by the oms knife, durable, reliable, warranted, great price, and stainless steel.The sheath is durable, mount it on the front of your harness and be done with it.

+1 for the death of the plastic ball...They can get stuck on dry land in between bench boards and rip off without warning. Practice without the ball by feeling for the dump valve cover and then use the string with the little knots...Problem solved...You won't even miss it....

If you want thicker string that's easier to grab, replace your dump valve with the one from DSS--very nice.

Alright I admit it, I can’t do without the ball on the string. Try as I might I just can’t grab the string with confidence when wearing gloves. What I was trying to do was buy three or four OPV balls so all my equipment felt the same. (Yes, I have three BP/W set-ups, travel, wet, and dry, so I don’t have to fiddle with adjustments.) Maybe someone will indulge my weakness and tell me a source for these guilty pleasures…..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom