Dump Valve Mod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

Anyone ever tried that? I’m curious as to if it does work well.

Just enough to get the squeeze out. So my valve is always fully open. It’s an interesting idea.

I think it’s a solution searching for a problem that doesn’t exist. Put the left arm in the harness first and the dump valve never hangs up. I can think of better things to spend $200 on. In the video looks like he gets about two revolutions before the valve is seated so I would reject it for that alone. I do sometimes like fiddling with the adjustment on the dump valve as well.

I dove a cuff dump suit a couple times and found it less bothersome than I expected though.

Anyone ever tried that? I’m curious as to if it does work well.

@Deep South Divers (Seajay), the guy who made the video, is one of the many ScubaBoard personalities. If you have questions I would bet he would be happy to answer the.

Seajay dives almost every day for the work he does. The mod was based on and designed to alleviate issues he was experiencing. Whether it is something that others should do is something one needs to evaluate for themself.

-Z

If you dive very shallow in warm water it will do fine, in cold water, no thanks. For a lower profile just use a blank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom