Dumped on by Diving Companies Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50:
Just wondering how many of you have taken advantage of the Mares/Dacor trade in program. I received my Mares 05 Abyss and it breaths alot better than either one of the Dacor 360s I returned. The people at Dacor screwed up when they dropped service and parts for their older regulators. Those guys are long gone and have been replaced by a new team led by Phil Mintz. They have offered up a "peace offering" in the way of a trade up program for a newer and better design. I for one decided to take the deal and I'm glad I did ..............
Are you working for Mares or Dacor now? Your posts are one advertisement for them after another. I mean, really, their "peace offering" really isn't THAT good.
C-Dawg

I know this thread is almost 8 years old and Dacor is no longer in business. They have gone the way of other scuba companies like Nemrod, Sportsways, Voit, Swimaster, Healthways and White Stag. It goes to show you that customer opinions count. Many scubaboard members said they would never buy anything from Dacor....... they were right and I guess it's time to hang up my Dacor Pacer on the wall next to my Voit Titan II and Little Gem regulators. I still get to use my USD Aquamaster and Scubapro MK10 for vintage diving ever now and then (after all I can still get them serviced).

You can service the Titan II with no problem, Conshelf parts work nicely (you do need to replace the pin). Abyss parts fit the second stage. Same goes for most of parts in the Pacer depending on model. I could use another Titan if you care to sell it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom