Dutch Springs 21 Sep 03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool. I'll have to try shooting without the strobe next time. I always assumed the images would come out too dark.

It will be easier when you go digital.
Instant feedback and you wind up shooting some many more photos.

I have 12 minutes of video on the helicopter. They came out rather nice. Did anyone notice the new American flag drapped over the tail rotor. I did a slow swim out to the rotor and this made for a very effective video.

I am using an Ikelite housing with the color correction filter. The dull shades you see on the helicopter were tuned into rather nice colors with the filter.

The flag was a nice surprise.

What media is your video?
Do we get to see any?

My camera is a digital Sony TRV 730. At the time I was shooting digital film. The problem is this: I have way too many videos films and have yet to master the digital editing suite I have on my computer. So for now, you can send me a VHS cassette and I will copy the video for you. The camera also does Mpeg using flash memory and of course stills.

I just got rid of an old Konica 35mm and a Sony Digital I had. Wanted to go all digital for a while, but had to be a higher res camera so I can print my shots at larger sizes if I want to.

You'r right it's much easier. You take a lot more shots than you do with film. And even some that don't come out that great just need a little tweak in Photoshop, which is much quicker since you don't have to scan.

Problem is there are only 2 housings currently available for my camera, and both cost more than the camera (which was far from cheap itself)

I'll probably go with an Ikelite housing too, but it doesn't come out until October.

That's funny, best vis I've ever seen down there, last time went down there from right on top of th main rotor couldn't even see the rest of it, yet I didn't even notice the flag when I was there!

Back
Top Bottom