dutch springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manateee

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone-
We are looking to go to Dutch Springs Labor Day weekend and were wondering if anyone has been there recently and how the temps and vis were?? Thanks for any help you can give!!

Manateee:
Hello Everyone-
We are looking to go to Dutch Springs Labor Day weekend and were wondering if anyone has been there recently and how the temps and vis were?? Thanks for any help you can give!!

Was there this past weekend....

vis depends on where you go, anywhere from 15-30 feet.
Try to stay away from the student side.

surface temp mid 70's
at 95 ft mid 40's

I am planning on being there the entire labor day weekend.

The vis can vary depending on weather, how many students, and the day. The student side gets pretty bad by late Saturday and Sunday. For some reason the past two times I was there, there was a bad haz around the trolly (about 65'-70' and the water temp was 56.

The construction on the east side of the pond isn't helping any... Chris and I will be there during the Labor Day weekend, but don't know how much diving we will do. Dutch Springs doesn't even come close to over an hour of bottom time on the Spiegal Grove :)

but I will be at my brother's wedding in Texas next week.

Was looking at diving dutch all day on friday. The weather looks like it will rain all week but will be nice on friday. Any guess as to what the vis will be like?

I know its tough to guess but the whole reason I am going is b/c the girlfiend is sick of bad vis out in rhode island waters.

Vis has been sucking lately, even on the weekdays. Plus there were a TON of divers there this week and vis went to crap within one dive. Came around from the pump house to where all the students were at and there was a literal WALL of silt, was pretty cool to see actually.

Back
Top Bottom