DX-1G housing for a 2G Ricoh camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie Cousteau

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I currently have the DX-1G, and I am wondering if I could just buy the 2G Ricoh camera and use my existing housing. The housings on the Sea & Sea site look the same except for differences in colour.

I have checked with several dive stores in Toronto, and no one has been able to give me a difinite answer, and Sea & Sea have not answered my e-mail.

Thanks

This topic was discussed in the Sea&Sea manufacturer's sub-forum a while back and we were told that the buttons to not line up correctly in the housing. Too bad, I would have liked to do the same thing but, unfortunately, it's not possible.

Regards,

Bill

This topic was discussed in the Sea&Sea manufacturer's sub-forum a while back and we were told that the buttons to not line up correctly in the housing. Too bad, I would have liked to do the same thing but, unfortunately, it's not possible.

Regards,

Bill

Will the 2G Ricoh camera fit the DX-2G case?

The camera fits in the case but several buttons on the camera do not align correctly with the buttons on the housing. Thereby making the functions on the camera not useable.

Regards,

Bill

The camera fits in the case but several buttons on the camera do not align correctly with the buttons on the housing. Thereby making the functions on the camera not useable.

Regards,

Bill
Thanks for the info. Just wondering what to do if the camera breaks. I've heard you can't buy the camera without the case ....

That is correct. Sea&Sea sells the camera with the housing, you can't get them separately. I have seen some Ricoh GX-100s for sale on ebay and that is the camera currently used for the DX-1G. So, if the camera breaks or is flooded you might be able to find a replacement there.

Regards,

Bill

You can find a Ricoh GX-200 on ebay for approximately half that price and the DX-2g uses the GX-200. I would consider that as an alternative.

Regards,

Bill

The ricoh 100 will fit. I have it in my camera after I flooded the Dxg. however I am having a lot of trouble getting it to white balance deeper than 40 feet. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I bought my from Amazon.
Laurel

Back
Top Bottom