E-PL1, Back to Anilao, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSR-3

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my first time in the water since last trip there. I'm not complaining, as it was another great trip and I got to check-off a bunch more critters on my list. I just need to make more (warm water) trips!

I resisted buying any new camera gear (OK, more eneloops) over the year, and only did a couple mods to my DIY parts, so it was easy to get ready and back into using the setup. With plenty to learn about this hobby, I feel that this rig will keep my interest for some time. I do want to start to work on wide angle next, but the marco stuff really interests me!

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lee.verly/AnilaoPhilippinesApril2012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

A very interesting set & great photos. Hairy frogfish is definitely my favourite critter here.

Great pictures! Shows what the camera can do. What strobe(s) did you use? Housing?
Other than cropping was there any post processing to the images?
I am jealous that you had the opportunity to see so many wonderful creatures.

Thanks. I'm using the PT-EP01 housing/port, 14-42mm lens, dual S&S YS-90 strobes, sometimes a SubSee wet diopter.
Usually cropping, plus some simple adjustments and sometimes backscatter clean-up in old Photoshop. At least a couple "native" shots in the set.
I need to do a more thorough review of the 24 dives-worth-of pictures, as I think I have some more promising ones.

Wow your pix are great! what settings did you use? m,p, a ?

All "M", all the time.
From the second I hit the water this trip, it was straight into hunting mode and I never did take the time to try any of the auto settings, or to try and get TTL to work with my strobe setup. Last year I missed great shot while messing with TTL (and not wanting to get left too far behind in the dark), and gave up. I've not had a chance in the water since. I also fear that it would come at a cost in camera battery life.
This year I got payback, when I was able to get a decent shot on my 1-and-only, just-spotted-him, try at the Stargazer with his lure out, using my trusty ISO-125, 1/160S, F/9 settings.

thnx.

nice pics...i am contemplating the EPL-1...but our local shop has a discounted EPL-3 (body only) for the price of a complete EPL-1, tho.

Those are all incredible shots! Just picked up an EPM-1. First day under water is this Saturday. I will be thrilled to get 5 pictures as nice as yours.

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom