Eagle Z1 vs Zeagle... thought this should be brought to your attention...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Cave Diver:
Some users have reported a virus warning when clicking the link below. It may just be a false positive, but follow at your own risk

Not sure if Zeagle are aware that they are 'featured' in some advertising for Eagle BCDs?

These 'Eagle' guys have a dreadful website - full of cynical mis-information for divers who don't know better. I don't like them at all for that.

I was also very concerned that they used Zeagle as a 'target' for their mis-information campaign. They have several pages of 'comparison' reports between their junk and Zeagle products. It might infringe a law or two?

Here is the page in question: BCD Design Comparison

Sample quote:

DEALER PREPARATION
ZEAGLE: Zeagle requires all authorized dealers to sign a very extensive and complex dealer agreement to limit their insurance exposure risk. It requires the dealer to personally inspect and test every BCD to make sure it is assembled correctly and in working order before being sold to a customer. This procedure transfers product liability from the manufacture to the dealer. However, it is only useful if the dealer is competent, and actually performs the required testing & inspection process.
EAGLE Z1: Eagle Z1 does not require dealer inspections or testing to be performed on new buoyancy products, because it has already been thoroughly done by the factory and again by the distributor by factory trained certified experts. We know our products are assembled correctly and function perfectly right out of the box.

It's quite an annoying website :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the laugh this morning.

I like the part at the bottom that says it "takes over 6 minutes by a technician to disassemble and reassemble the harness."

They must be doing it wrong but...
if I could have just one more thing in my life besides my BCD that only requires 6 minutes to compensate for my ever fattening waist line, I would be blessed.

The entire site is just a whole lot of WTF?

It appears to be written by a boy in late elementary school or early junior high.

That dude is a former dealer. He was doing some shady crap and got caught, so we pulled his dealership....

Next thing you know, he started making Eagle-Z BCs and trying to sell them on ebay.

Way back in around 2003, we talked to our attorney about it, but decided that he wasn't really worth the effort. I watched his ebay auctions for a while and never saw one BC get sold.

As a funny side note, when DEMA was in Houston (2004) we actually visited the store (without any Zeagle logos on our clothing) and asked about the BC. The guy said, "This is the BC that is gonna put Zeagle out of business!!!"

I just laughed, left my business card on his counter and walked out.

When we saw him at DEMA, he did everything in his power to avoid walking past our booth.

:)

My goodness, the website really defies parody; I'm reading it like a book, as the navigation seems to be by page number. Some of the pages along the way have been blank html templates. I'm currently on page 24 and curious to see how many pages the story goes!

My favorite so far is the cheesy goodness of the

3-D Hologram of our Eagle Z1 Flying Over The Earth

This is the new optical glass laser cube of the Eagle over the Earth. This keepsake offers amazing detail and is created inside a solid cube of optical glass by powerful laser beams.

"Laser" beams! Powerful fricken laser beams!

No mention yet of ill-tempered sea bass....

........."Laser" beams! Powerful fricken laser beams!

No mention yet of ill-tempered sea bass....

***Shark harness sold separately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom