Ear Drops for cave diving in Mexico ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a lot of recipes for ear beer, but most people seem to use a combination of alcohol (which helps to dry the ear) and vinegar (which creates a pH unfriendly to the major organism responsible for external otitis, which is Pseudomonas).

There are a lot of recipes for ear beer, but most people seem to use a combination of alcohol (which helps to dry the ear) and vinegar (which creates a pH unfriendly to the major organism responsible for external otitis, which is Pseudomonas).

Adding glycerin helps to avoid the irritation and excess drying of the skin which repeated alcohol use causes. Roughly 1/3rd each by volume seems to work fine.

The water at Car Wash had a reputation for causing problems at one time, but it's not likely you'd be there in a training program.

Not likely?? Car Wash is one of the 5 or 6 most likely caves a class would use for training... I haven't found its water to be any more or less iffy than any other Mexican cave or cenote though.

I live in the desert, there is no caves around me. its going to take me around 24 hours of flight time just to do a one way flight. cant by no mean do all this trip just to get cavern course.

If there are no caves around you, and it (apparently?) takes you 24 hours of flight one way just to get to a cave, may I ask what is the point of doing a cave course? I understand the need for a new challenge, if that's your reason, but surely there are more convenient challenges? Wreck diving? Technical (deco) diving?

its a new environment, just like going to mount everest or amazon jungle, safety precautions should be considered, can't understand why some tried to make it sound funny !!

Who tried to make it sound funny? I didn't see anybody joking about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom