Ear Infection FROM Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ear infections from diving are a pain in the rear-end. Ear plugs can prevent water from flushing in and out of the ear canal, just make sure they are molded to your ear, and are also vented earplugs. Cold water in and out of your ear that is left to dry can eventually lead to exostosis, a bony growth in the ear canal common in alot of divers.

If earplugs are not your cup of tea, you could always try the homebrew medicine to get the water out of your ear after sessions. When I forget my earplugs, I use alcohol ear drops to help the ocean water dry in my ears. Be sure to not fool around when it comes to your hearing, and see a doctor if you are constantly in pain.

One alternative to consider is Doc's ProPlugs, they are popular both in the diving and medical industry. www.proplugs.com

Regardless of what option you decide to go for taking care of your ears, you have to consider the costs of prevention versus the costs of professional medical intervention
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

-E

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom