Ear wax / removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used the products - recently invested in the dryear - an air drying aid that blows air into the ear canal - no benefits to me other than happier ears.

In a separate note - I do have problems with my eustachian tubes. I will have problems at times equalizing - go slower, etc. It settles down, but I note that after I come up it feels as if my right ear is hollow, with less hearing. I do not have pain, reverse block, etc. I have seen ENTs and they think my eustachian tubes are too small or the opening is too small. I did take Afrin one day and had no problems. Did not the next and it was blocked for about 5 days. One guy suggested that I give up diving - yeah right! I do not know if any others have seen this before. Pseudafed does not correct it. Thoughts/suggestions?

Bob

The best thing I have ever used is the over the counter earwax removal products. The drops. Put a few in one ear and keep head tilted for a bit (read instructions of course). Turn back over and flush multiple times with warm water in the plunger type syringe. I try and do this once a year sometimes 2x. It can be quite sick what you can find in there. :)

Had a similar painful problems in Cozumel. The doc flushed out my ears with the tip of a syringe with water after some wax softening drops and awful gunk came out.........The hardened wax was irritating the skin, inflaming it, and possibly allowing bacteria to colonize there as well. It was painful.

Since then I make sure to periodically clean out the wax with wax softener and water bulb.

Back
Top Bottom