Earthquake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This morning at 4:47am we had something that we don't get a lot of here in Illinois, an earthquake!! And we have had a couple of strong after shocks. 5.2 this morning and 4.5 at 10:15a.

Centered in southern Illinois close to the Indiana boardernear Evansville.

Weird feeling. Last time we had over a 5.0 in Illinois was 40 years ago in 1968 and I remember that one too!

Jeff

5.2 barely wakes us up out here. Was too young when I felt my first one to remember how it was, but imagine that had to be quite a feeling! Welcome to our world.

Many people felt it here in Dayton Ohio. i woke up (didn't know why at the time) and my sister woke up and felt in her dorm at Miami University (Oxford, Ohio). I also felt the larger aftershock, I was in the downtown area and it rattled doors and windows on office buildings.

I guess there are going to be a lot of milk shakes for sale at the local dairys after the cows get milked.

Yeah it woke me up too, my dogs were going crazy and I thought at first someone was knocking on the door.

I was on my late shift coffee break at work when it struck. I work close to Evansville. At first we thought it was the plant's trailer yard jockey putting the trailers in roughly, until the second jolt. Then we knew what it was. It did get the adrenaline flowing, I must say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom