Easiest reef diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend good easy reef diving suitable for a beginner in Indonesia? We are hoping for healthy reefs and shallow (18m and shallower) sites with minimal current. Diving an aquarium would be the ideal basically. I have mostly done muck diving in Indonesia so am a bit clueless when it comes to reefs. We are looking for these conditions to help someone get comfortable in the water again. Thank you!

‘Easy’ rather than ‘easiest’ is fine too!!

I consider the liberty wreck us reef diving too.
Japanese wreck is very shallow, no or mild current when dived at the right time.
Menjangan wall is also not difficult, just stay not deeper than 18m.

We visited weda bay few years ago, beautiful reef with lot fishes. As far I recall, no strong current most of the sites.

The easiest dive, lot of fishes, no current at all, but cold water, and the reef is not healthy probably is the Sea World Ancol.

I consider the liberty wreck us reef diving too.
Japanese wreck is very shallow, no or mild current when dived at the right time.
Menjangan wall is also not difficult, just stay not deeper than 18m.

We visited weda bay few years ago, beautiful reef with lot fishes. As far I recall, no strong current most of the sites.

The easiest dive, lot of fishes, no current at all, but cold water, and the reef is not healthy probably is the Sea World Ancol.

Thanks heaps for the thoughts, Wisnu.

Those are good suggestions. I should have said - we have actually just come from Pemuteran and are diving Amed/Tulamben for the next week. Our friend is joining us in a week’s time and we probably want to go somewhere new with them. Anywhere in Indo that’s not Bali is fine too!

Outside Bali dive resorts with healthy reef, pretty much a few steps away from the bungalows where I stayed are:
Wakatobi: Luxury Dive Resort
Misool
Raja4Divers - Home
Alor Divers - Eco resort- Alor Archipelago - Indonesia
Raja Ampat Dive Lodge – Grand Komodo

Sure, those sites offer very good reef diving. Although some sites are relatively not difficult but better to gain some experience and be comfortable with current in order to get the best ones considering not cheap to stay at most of the above mentioned resorts.

Thanks Wisnu, indeed still absolutely without any doubt and guaranteed: Weda Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom