East Coast Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are heading down to Bonaire soon and were thinking of doing an afternoon 1 tank dive with East coast diving. I have not seen any recent reviews or comments regarding East Coast or taking a boat dive on the east side. Would welcome feedback and comments from others who have been out with East Coast recently and on their experience diving the east side by boat. Thanks.

Went two days ago. Loads of turtles, 3 eagle rays, large nurse shark. We did the morning two tank trip. One guy captains while other guy leads a drift dive with SMB deployed throughout dive. They know how to dive the East side.

We did a tank morning trip to the east side two years ago. It was worth it just for the variety, saw eagle rays, large morays from head to tail and turtles.

the diving is great.
if you get sea-sick dont go -the boat ride can be very rough.

mala:
the diving is great.
if you get sea-sick dont go -the boat ride can be very rough.

But the boat ride is very short. Bonnie the night before and again in the morning should take care of a bumpy ride.

+1

We took Bonine exactly as diverrex stated for this trip and had no problem with sea sickness.

I love the diving on the east coast. If you are doing it I'd recommend going for a 2 tank dive. They usually do a drift first tank and then the white hole on the second. Lot's of big animals. Dozens of tarpon and often big morays in the blue hole and sharks, rays, and countless turtles on the drift. Bring your camera set up for wide angle.

Back
Top Bottom