East Coast Shore Diving - Need Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenkimbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be staying in St Augustine in about 2 weeks and will have a free day from work. I plan to travel down the coast for some shore diving. I understand there is some good shore diving available starting at about Vero beach southward.
Can anyone give me insight on the locations? I want a couple of good dives, preferably the northernmost locations? I don't mind the trip down, I will gladly go beyond Vero in order to get a good dive, but I want to get in at least 2, then I have to drive back to St A. for the night.
I might consider a boat dive as well, but it would have to be very well priced and located so that I don't have to travel too far for it. Shore diving is my first choice.
I also need a good dive shop in the area of the dives where I can pick up tanks.
Anyone available to dive is also welcome. Planning this for Thursday, August 14th.

thanks
Steven

Last edited:
I will be staying in St Augustine in about 2 weeks and will have a free day from work. I plan to travel down the coast for some shore diving. I understand there is some good shore diving available starting at about Vero beach southward.
Can anyone give me insight on the locations? I want a couple of good dives, preferably the northernmost locations? I don't mind the trip down, I will gladly go beyond Vero in order to get a good dive, but I want to get in at least 2, then I have to drive back to St A. for the night.
I might consider a boat dive as well, but it would have to be very well priced and located so that I don't have to travel too far for it. Shore diving is my first choice.
I also need a good dive shop in the area of the dives where I can pick up tanks.
Anyone available to dive is also welcome. Planning this for Thursday, August 14th.

thanks
Steven
You can hit Blue Heron Bridge; a few hours south of there.

Can't speak for Vero, but Pepper Park in Ft Pierce has decent shore diving. There is a dive shop in Ft Pierce as well.
If you are entertaining BHB, I would skip it and keep going South to Deerfield or LBTS. I prefer reef diving over pilings.
YMMV

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom